Thursday, September 9, 2010

the fine art of catnapping

it's no secret that i want a cat. justin often uses this an incentive for me to help him with this homework...only to take it back later (yet i fall for it each time). luckily, someone (my guess is fluffy the first) was looking out for me when we were looking for apartments and directed us to a complex that has a plethora of wild kittens!
sprinkles is my favorite out of the bunch, but there's also bandit, garbage, and of course, snickers & twix. i'd like to think i'm somewhat of a cat whisperer- they always seem to find me. we all have our gifts, i guess.
last night as i was headed towards the gym, all sport bra-ed up jamming out to my music when i walked out of my apartment to find snickers! just sitting there staring at me! well i took this as a sign of fate- there was no one around so i figure the finders-keepers law to be in effect.
you could tell this was not snicker's first time in the rodeo; he played coy quite well. letting me come close enough but not too much. i attempted to grab him for a couple minutes, calling out his christian name (which is, no doubt, not his birth name). eventually i cut my loses only to turn around and meet him owner. and twix, who just mocked me silently.
quite flabbergasted, i unplug my headphones only to realize the owner had been calling snickers the whole time....awwwkkkkwwaaarrrddddddd. i mumbled a failed excuse about how i love cats (who knows if she bought it? i think my intentions were quite evident). the owner seemed to ignore my attempted thievery and told me all about them. i guess she takes them out every night. on walks. this lady walks her cats. no wonder justin is calls cat owners crazy. eventually i walked away with my head hung low. the walk of shame from a failed attempted a cat burglary.

lesson learned:

be aware of your surroundings when attempting to steal a neighbors cat. obviously if she loves snickers enough to take him on walks, she's not gonna leave him unattended.

oh- and bring a bag & bat next time. when it comes to thievery, there's no time to be gentle.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Devin said...

Oh Mel! lol One day you'll get your kitty-kitty. I waited over 3 years for my puppy. You still have 2 1/2 years to go sister! Love you

KinderTeach said...

You do have a birthday coming up! Want an early birthday gift? You can have it in October when we are there, or Thanksgiving. Perfect b-day gift for you. I'll even throw in a litter box and maybe a bag of food. I can just drop it on your patio, what can Justin do, it is like a sign from God!

Unknown said...

make sure you hid the present from god from your neighbor. You know what payback is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...