Saturday, April 25, 2015

turn off the boob tube & read: healer series

i mentioned i got a kindle right? and i am LOVING it! it has renewed my love of books. i had several fears about a kindle:

1- reading off a screen
2- taking it into the bath
3- paying for books when i prefer to b
orrow from the library

turns out my fears have been pretty much unfounded. the screen aspect hasn't bothered me. you have to turn pages often but when you're really into a book, you don't notice it. i bought a fancy waterproof cover so i feel comfortable taking it into the bath. and my library has an ecatalogue that allows me to check out a ton of books. i bought one so far but haven't had time to read it yet. i've even started taking it with me while i walk [briskly, might i add] on the treadmill at the gym. really helps pass the time.

anywho i stalked a friend's goodread's account [thanks kari] and found a book series [Healers] by maria v. snyder. touch of power, scent of magic and taste of darkness are the three books in the series and i devoured each one. it's a midevil tale that follows avry, a girl who has healing magic and is on the run. healers are being hunted for not curing people who died of a mysterious plague [that would kill her too if he tried to heal]. she gets captured by kerrick and his band of men who want her to cure someone important. there's a war brewing between the fifteen realms with several mad men trying to take control. holy amazeballs, it's a great story. published by harlequin and has a few steamy parts to keep things interesting. mainly the series is a great strategy novel which i am not always a fan of but i appreciate. and the best part is that it was on loan from the library.
Pin It!

3 comments:

KinderTeach said...

How do you borrow from the library on it

Anonymous said...

I want a kindle!! So, so bad!

Kari said...

Seriously, an amazing series! My favorite of hers, though I like most all of them. And feel free to raid my goodreads anytime, happy to share my love of books :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...