Wednesday, October 26, 2011

mel's meanderings - get a dictionary people

and welcome to another fine episode of
mel's meanderings
i am your cankerous host, mel. today we're going to be discussing the failing school systems and their inability to teach people the proper spelling of words. not that i'm any autumn zobrist mind you; i constantly misuse semi-colons, hyphens, and always spell alot as one word [much to the dismay of my former employers: in carson i babysat a baby a couple times and she got me deathly sick....different story. anyways her snobby parents complained to me how so many applicants spell alot as one word instead of the proper two and how they couldn't subject their 5 month old to that kind of ignorant behavior- seriously. a 5 month old. alot. a lot. seriously, i consider it slang. i know bizness isn't spell like that either but until autumn get's her grammar badge in the mail, i'm going to keep on truckin] . i don't pretend to be a genius but i do know the correct usage of words.

examples i've encountered this month:
cuttle as in "i want to cuddle my child"


idle as in "nobody speaks to billy idol that way because he is my idol"


a-wall as in "my underwear has gone awol- have you seen it cute next door neighbor? it's a teeny g-string that fits over my large rump"


accept as in "yes i love all things pop except the divine miss m as in madonna, not bette midler, jessica stoneman"


your as in "you're going to get in alot [there i go again!] of trouble when grandma finds out that you ate the last pie of cherry pie"

now i can understand not using then/than right or even affect/effect but people, come on. don't worry, i'm not as holier then thou as i appear. i cannot for the life of me say 'placate' right- and when i find myself wanting to use it in conversation, i usually find another word because i can never remember how to say it right.

and if you are a repeat offender, don't be discouraged. you and fox mulder are not alone.

and that's been another fine episode of

mel's meanderings. 
brought to you by the fine people of chocolate aka the thing i'm not allowed to eat anymore due to the fact i makes my baby cranky thus making me cranky- can't you tell?

Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha thanks for the shout out, although I'm kind of afraid I fall into the grammer trap, please don't bludgeon me with a stapler.

Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...

Your right mel. I mess grammer up alot. And I except this. Your my idle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...