Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WARNING: beached whale in pool eating a box of donuts

my favorite neice anya & duke the new puppy
ahhh....the first of june. weather is in the solid 80s this week - the vegas i love [as opposed to the vegas i love that includes temperatures in the 115s, but that's at least a week away]. so many wonderful things have happened to me the past couple days so i am all full of sunshine and happiness, which is quite different from the doom and disaster i was 4 days ago. it's been a while since i last saw justin and idk if it's the hormones or massive amounts of donuts i've been eating lately but i've been having a really hard time missing him. but this weekend was a FABULOUSLY great weekend - my sister and brother [along with their families] came into town. thankfully, my brother [nate- the oldest by 10 years to my youngest] is strikingly similar to me in attitude and wit so we like to hang out together. thankfully, that revolved around krispy kreme donuts [two dozen. no i did not eat them all...but a good amount of the 24] and bj's bruschetta [heaven sent if you ask me]. i also had a fun GNO [not to be confused with a GAI; a guy's afternoon in. it's not gay, it's a bridal shower for guys. a guy shower. an hour long shower with guys] with my girlfriends i've not seen in a few months [blast my lack of photog skills lately- sorry fans] and it was SO much fun and very much needed.

the most radiant of rays of happiness came last night. dave [FIL] moved us up to carson in february and was planning on going back next tue/wed but alas, he must have known how much i'd been missing my beloved so he was going to let me come up to see justin and go sat/sun instead! which was a godsend considering justin could have had to stay for the special session [aka another week or MORE aka a total of a MONTH away from each other. which may not be a lot to some but to this blubbering whale, it's for-ev-ver]. so that was a miracle in itself. then today while i was watching ellen from my desk working hard as a busy-bee there was a quick news promo that said the legislature approved a budget! then justin text me and told me he'd be coming home in a week!!! 7 days!!! yaya!! i literally peed my pants a little [not really.....or really??] and text everyone i bother with my incessant texts. so no trip this weekend to carson but a HUSBAND come next wednesday. lovely lovely. made me realize this is going to be a great summer. all be it, a bloated summer, but a wonderful one. this is why:
-x-men first class - THIS WEEKEND! my favorite sister and i already have a date
-abbigale naomi tappana, the first witch unicat vampire hybrid known to mankind
ignore my crazy look - nate just brought me another
dozen of donuts and i had slurpee on the brain
this is favorite niece, favorite ben, & peanut
-floating in the pool like a beached whale
-harry potter & the deathly hollows II. i suspect i may cry
-pretty little liars season 2 [i really need to stop watching so much tv/movies]
-grease @ tucahan - a potential sisters weekend in st george
-finding a house [HOPEFULLY!] and getting to decorate olive's room
-picking a name for our unnamed but very much loved child
-baby shower!! in august sometime....that's still summer right?
-having my innie become an outie. oh, and my belly button is supposed to pop sometime too
to quote my favorite aunt suzie, life is good. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...

I love the shout out to Abbie!! It really will be a great summer! I'm so glad for you that Justin gets to come home in ONE WEEK! YA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...