Tuesday, August 17, 2010

mock (YEAH) ing (YEAH) bird (YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!)




i cannot contain my excitement-

only one week left til "mockingjay" comes out!!

for those of you who are a day late and a dollar short, this is one of the most amazing book series. right up there with twilight, harry potter, and the uglies.

definition:
the hunger games: The Hunger Games (2008) is a young-adult science fiction novel written by Suzanne Collins.  It introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world where a powerful government called the Capitol has risen up after several devastating disasters. In the book, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless and evil Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl from each of the twelve districts, who are then pitted against each other in a game of survival and forced to kill until only one remains. {wikipedia}

my bff8 kittycait introduced me to this amazing tidbit of awesomeness. with it's eminent arrival and upcoming movie, i've decided to throw my ideas of who the cast should be based upon my fellow friends {and frenemies}. enjoy.

katniss everdeen: with a name like kat, you'd think i'd cast my bff8 caitlin here but no. it's my story... but don't worry, she will be given a spot. a skilled hunter, loving sister, and deceptive minx..... not exactly me but i'm going for it. she fains to be in love with peeta as a strategy in the hunger games. i too have been a player.... in the game of love. and i came out a winner. so, i'm going to say that make sense. my blog = my rules.

peeta mellark: my beloved. the baker's son who has long had a crush on katniss (the reverse being true in our story). he is rarely moody and is quite talented at manipulating the audience- justin has an uncanny ability to make my whole family love him more than me. see? it's like our life's story was written!

haymitch abernathy: previous winner of the hunger games, haymitch is the crass and dunkard of a mentor to katniss & peeta. sarcastic, harsh, hilarious?? hello shannon.

gale hawthorne: katniss's best friend and hunting partner-- sound familiar?? oh yes, this is caitlin's role. played by a man obviously for the masses' sake.

primrose everdeen: katniss's dainty of heart sister. katniss takes prim's spot in the hunger games because she loves her that much. with light hair and blue eyes (green), this would be my bestie kayla. she is like my sister. i wouldn't call kayla dainty though...

president snow: rule of the capitol. cruel and ruthless. unwilling to give them food... i won't name names here. this would just get me in trouble.


awesome book. full of wonder & awesomeness.
Pin It!

2 comments:

KinderTeach said...

haymitch abernathy: previous winner of the hunger games, haymitch is the crass and dunkard of a mentor to katniss & peeta. sarcastic, harsh, hilarious?? hello shannon.


Perfect description of me. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Omg those so should be the characters.... i have been looking at who other ppl think should be the characters and none of them fit the description of the book and what i thought they would look like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...