Friday, August 13, 2010

good friends & tender mercies

yesterday i had the most terrible day.

terrible terrible terrible.

luckily, my amazing friend adrianne saw my distress signal on fb and brought over some caloric comfort and an uplifting note. talk about a good friend! it reminded me of college- it seemed like back then everyone always was giving away goodies 'just-because' so i've decided to bring back these random acts of kindness and do some good to the people of las vegas.

definition:
adrianne woods: neighbor pal originally from washington. moved to lv with hubbyspend aaron & furry-son terry. terry is justin's bestest friend (we've had the distinct honor of babysitting him once and it made the highlight of our year). aaron's going to UNLV getting his phd in anthropology. she is the world's kindest person, i kid you not. there isn't a moment where this woman is not helping little kids or disabled persons or walking pound puppies. isn't she darling?

so in order to boost my soul-patch mood, i've decided to make a tender mercies, or blessings in my life. (not in any particular order. except for numero uno)

justin, my WONDERFUL and PERFECT hubsters a family that is so supportive and will be there no matter what my future cat that my WONDERFUL husband will one day get me....hopefully bestiful of friends- i'm speaking to you kayla, caitlin, & stonifer! a job. not the actual job but the opportunity to make money to support ourselves the gospel. the temple. the scriptures. a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. wonderful local leaders. relief society program. health & safety a country of freedom slurpee. slurpee. slurpee. coke with a pink straw please. baths. the second best part of my night (kissing my hubs goodnight takes the cake)


 with so much to be grateful for, how can i be grumpy?? well i can. i still am- but i'm working on it.


Pin It!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Hey Mel! I was thinking about you the other day, and how were were the best relief society president ever, so I was all excited when you commented on our blog! Besides your bad day it looks like you are doing great! You are so wonderful- glad you have a blog i can stalk now:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...