Saturday, August 15, 2015

pregnancy update: tomorrow, tomorrow!

weekage: 39

poundage: 33 total which i consider a win.

what i've been eating: not as much as you'd think. movies make it seem like pregnant ladies have endless amounts of hunger which is not true. i am eating less and less because i'm feeling bigger and bigger. i am not looking forward to my nursing appetite- that is ferocious. even slurpees i haven't had the hankering for but there's always room for some dove dark chocolate.

what i've been doing: too much, that's for sure. there's just so much to do- unpacking, organizing, cleaning- the list is endless. not to mention getting the baby's room ready. i had a list of priorities and they seem to be getting done. car seat is installed, clothes are washed, and the crib is set up. but for the life of me, i can't remember what i packed for the hospital! it's my third time around and i still can't remember. our house is coming together. there's been a lot of stress and mayhem the last two weeks. our septic tank was backed up and had to be emptied, the leech field had to be dug up and repiped. toilets had to be replaced and fans installed. porter had a burst eardrum which left him sick and clingy for a week. our internet had to be installed and then fixed. tires had to be replaced on my car. scorpions and spiders had to be sprayed. pine needles and trash had to be dumped. granted, i've done almost none of it but still, there's been a lot. i am looking forward to a three day hospital vacation.

how i've been feeling: pretty craptastic but that's to be expected. my legs and fingers go numb when i am on my feet too much. that's cake compared to the low back pain. getting up and out of bed is not fun but i am only peeing 2x a night which i consider a win. i am drinking better which has helped some with the charley horses. i am ready to pop. weirdly i don't feel as big as i did with the other boys.

what i'm looking forward to: my hospital vacation, the catheter, my mom visiting, and my snuggly baby.

what i'm not looking forward to: no baths. that is seriously one of the hardest things about having c-sections, which sounds trivial but it's not. baths center me, they help me relax and rejuvenate. when i can't bathe, i'm not me. i usually have to wait 2-3 weeks- for my scar to heal and for me to regain the ability to sit down and stand up. i'm not looking forward to being without my babies for 3 days, especially porter. he hasn't spent a night away from me and is such a mama's boy. especially with his burst eardrum last week, he has needed mommy more then ever. my mom is staying at my house with them and no doubt they will have fun, but he will not take the change easily. especially if he's not 100% better yet. i'm not thrilled to be home bound and esp the first month. justin will be leaving me for a week 2 weeks after i have the baby! thankfully my mom will come back down for that because i just couldn't even.

next post i'll have another baby!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

KinderTeach said...

I'm so excited to see my squishy Marshmallow. The boys would be even better if Aunt Shannon and Charlie could be there. Stupid jobs, I hate being an adult. You are looking good baby sister and I know you've been through a lot this year. I'm glad Mom is there now and can help out some. Let's just hope Porterhouse gets used to her fast.

Caitlin said...

Yay!! You have a baby now!

Kari said...

You look forward to a catheter?! That is what I call crazy! You look great for 9 months! And I'm sorry you're so busy at the end of this all. Good luck lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...