Monday, February 14, 2011

i'm breaking up with vday

you know, i really wanted to write a mushy-gushy post about how much i love my husband [bc i do more then you can count on all fingers and toes] but somehow i'm feeling quite grinchy at the moment. remember when loralei broke up with snow? well vday, consider this the pink slip.

we
are
through.

before, i LOVED vday. i anticipated it more then christmas. it ranked #1 on my holiday list after tday but alas, our love affair must come to an end. even when i was single, i loved it. how could someone NOT love a day dedicated to pink, flowers, and L-O-V-E? it's a day full of magic and fantasy and fairytales but not anymore. now it is a day of torture and pain and heartache. it all started with a baby. little baby kelley.

vday 2007 - 1st one on mission
i babysat this cute baby for a few days while she was sick - and let me tell you, i was the baby whisperer. i could get her to sleep faster then ross fell for rachel. well, 2 days of babysitting later and i am on my death bed.

it's day 5 of cold/cough/snot/pain and i am not a happy duckling. my cough got so bad my husband put me on the 1st plane out of carson this morning [they don't take my insurance up north] so now i am lying on my parent's couch watching gossip girl in my zebra pj's while coughing up a lung. i could be at home snuggling my baby lady but no, vday wanted to teach me a lesson.

our 1st vday as MR & MRS
well vday, here's a lesson for you. i don't need a holiday to wear every shade of pink [i do this most days freely]. i like buying my mr. mushy cards for no reason and fancy undies for no other reason then it's a tuesday. i like eating chocolate liberally and nothing is stopping me from doing something sweet for my true love everyday. we've had some good time, great memories, even better gifts [see pictures] but i am done with you. my heart has been broken and it is no longer yours to toy with. you are officially replaced as #1 with the day i wear stretchy pants and eat too much. no, not friday. tday.

farewell old friend.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

Amen. This is exactly how I feel about it too. I Love my hubbers and, I don't need a day to do something sweet for him... We do sweet things for each other every day.....

Sorry that you are sicko... feel better soon!

Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...

Such a sad sad post. But I do love it. Haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...