Friday, September 24, 2010

chitty-chitty-BANG-BANGs


anyone watch 'how i met your mother'? well if you don't then you should. granted, this statement doesn't have alot of weight on it, considering i watch 10 shows currently (considering adding more- the new will arnett show & 'my generation' look promising...) and watch even more seasons. but honestly, check that buizness out.

reason why i bring it up- i've learned a valuable lesson from this 30 min sitcom. last season, there was an episode where ted confessed to writing himself letters after breaking up with a girlfriend. this helped avoid hooking back up with her (meaning someone was wearing their bad-idea pants). as i was getting ready this morning, i decided i need to write myself this same letter. you see, i have a disease. it still hasn't been recognized by the american medical association but i heard they might be doing an episode on it on 'grey's anatomy' (yet another show i watch). it's called

bangatosis

and believe me, it's contagious.
i had bangs throughout my childhood then sporadically through young adulthood (is that the current state i'm in?). the process is still the same.

mel gets bored with her hair. mel dyes her hair. that's not enough so mel gets bangs.mel loves the bangs all the way til she gets home. mel hates her bangs and pulls them back with a bobby-pin. mel resents the bangs for covering up her forehead. mel loves how her bangs look in an up-do. mel counts down the days til the bangs can be pulled back in a ponytail. mel despises the bangs for getting in the way of her workout. justin tells mel to never get bangs again. mel agrees. until mel gets bored with her hair again.
(wow- talking in third person is annoying. mel agrees).
currently, i am in the last phase. last august was the last time i had bangs. i remember my cousin julie asked me twice, making sure i really wanted bangs (julie: are you getting married soon? because you don't want bangs for your wedding mel: oh don't worry, i'm not getting married for a LONG TIME [insert resentment here]). well julie, i was wrong. i got married less than 6 months later. with bangs.

[don't be fooled by this pictre. i may look happy but believe me, it didn't last long}

so here i stand, hating my hair right now. wanting a change- let's hope it doesn't result in bangs. just in case though, i've included a letter to myself to HOPEFULLY avoid this whole cycle of destruction in the future.
you're welcome, future mel.


Pin It!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

Haha. I love the letter to yourself, especially the Justin Beiber part!

Mike + Mo said...

I should do this too... I do the exact same thing. NO MORE BANGS!

Sam and Caitlin Tappana said...

Angry music? Psha!!!

But yes, i do have great taste in music and you should so listen to some of it.

Unknown said...

Send Julie a copy to hand to you incase you make it into her chair again asking for bangs.

*Ashleigh* said...

Ha ha! I need to write a similar letter. I have been wanting change for months now and I almost have myself convinced to go blonde....what am I thinking?!

As for the blogstalk list...you are ALWAYS welcome to share my list....if it makes you feel better about it, I take a gander at your blogstalk list every few days or so too.

Now the Chocolate Godsend...that recipe really isn't a recipe, but I would be glad to share it. Expect it in your fb inbox soon.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I am going to have to check this show out now! :) THANKS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...