Monday, July 12, 2010

as american as apple pie


i have another admittance: i am a baseball virgin. i've only seen one game but i don't think it counts. we watched maybe one inning, after i graduated hs, and the womanly part of the couple was entirely too mean to me (how was i suppost to know that they are called umpires, not refs? talk about sippin that hateraid...) luckily the irelanders had the brillant idea to go see a 51's game, our very own minor league baseball team.


sometimes when i experience something new, i get a little too giddy. like when i went to the air force base for the 1st time. or the first time i saw a cow (they have fur, not hair). it was quite amazing. i experienced the whole enchillada, or hotdog ($4! seriously!)

cotton candy ($4 too. but i gladly paid this. the lavender kind was my favorite).

i tried my hardest to get on the kiss cam, and look! here we are! thank goodness we are so photogenic.


discovered that our mascot, cosmo, look quite like a certain beloved star wars character, no?

 i was quite perplexed by this sign- who the crap is frank?

stalking justins' crazy teacher from last semester who has season tickets. she's the first from the left in the front row. prob busy grading papers.

oh- and the bestest part is finding what justin really thinks of my clothes. he told me my clothes were quite drab and he'd much rather like to see me in something like this.

thanks sweetie. love you too.

oh! i almost forgot the best story. so since i know prob nil about baseball, justin was explaining the scoreboard to me.  he told me one stood for runs, homes, and errors (i think). well during the game i was so excited because we were winning! under the h column it said we were up, something like 6 to 3. i was so excited! everyone always complained that the 51s stunk it up but here we were, winning. well, much to my disappointment, justin explained to me in the 7th inning (the last one; they played a double header) that homes aren't the same as runs. runs are the points. wowzers did i feel silly. baseball is just too confusing. but i quite enjoyed the outing.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Behind that very "Let's Be Frank sign" is where Romy, Brian and myself set fire to the feild whilte trying to do fireworks one night for the after game party. Yeah I'm a vandalizer. Glad you had a good time! PS nice photo shopping

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...