Monday, October 4, 2010

sprucing up some old frames


maybe two months ago my boss gave me these horrid paintings--thankfully my time blogstalking has given me opportunity to reuse the drab and turn to fab! [don't snicker at my cliche]
our bathroom and bedroom decors are quite similar but differ slightly- the bathroom has blue in it so i wanted to incorporate more blue in my bedchamber.



basically i spray painted the frames- took a couple coats.
painted the mat
freehanded the drawings- used my shower curtain as inspiration
and voila! i am the master
here's the finished product. easy peasey. i'm not a huge fan of the 'love' but the flowers don't look too shabby.
now our bedroom is complete! i made this throw pillow to add more color- let me tell you. lots of yells and tears and frustration went into that little pillow. i'm super proud of the results!


Pin It!

1 comment:

Mike + Mo said...

It looks great! Cute pillow! You can come to my house next and do your handy work... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...